Saturday, January 19, 2013

This week in class we talked a lot about the trends in society in regards to the family.  We had a class activity where we looked at several trends and labeled them as being very important, kind of, and no big deal.  We found that all of the trends, whether it was living alone and rising age in marriage, were related in some way to each other, and none of them were no big deal.  It has been really fascinating to learn about what the public opinion of the family is because most of the people I associate with are members of the church.  It is interesting to note that the age of people getting married, even in the church, has increased.  I'm pretty sure that my mom was married and had three children by the time she was my age, and I'm not even close to being married... shows that times are-a-changin. : )

Well, that's it for this week.  Tootaloo.

No comments:

Post a Comment